The AGM NVG-40 is a dual-channel night vision system. With a 40° field of view, it provides a large visual field without needing to move the binoculars. The NVG-40 uses advanced multi-coated optics and is built to last with a compact composite housing. Operating from a single AA alkaline battery or CR123A battery, the NVG can run up to 20 hours. Also equipped with an integral infrared illuminator for reading in the dark.
For hands-free use of the NVG, it can be installed to many various mounts, such as the AN/PVS-7D, AN/PVS-14, AN/PVS-7A/C, AN/PVS-15, and AN/PVS-18 mounts, or to the mounts with mini-rail interface.
- Redundant dual-tube design
- True stereoscopic vision
- NVG Interface shoe preinstalled is used for installing the NVG to either a standard dovetail type headset or helmet mount
- Bayonet/horn interface shoe is used for installing the NVG to either a standard bayonet/horn headset or helmet mount
- Lightweight & compact
- Head or helmet mountable for hands-free operation
- Bright light cut-off
- Ergonomic, simple, easy to operate controls
- Built-in infrared illuminator and flood lens
- Utilizes single CR123A lithium or AA battery