The ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 3 Person Tent is a free standing 2-pole design. The ferrules are the "connectors" that hold the poles together. The fiberglass poles are also normally one size larger than normal to offer you a sturdier, stronger tent. ALPS used lightweight but strong polyester fabrics. The side walls are uncoated so the tent can "breathe" under the urethane coated fly. The fly uses a pole in the top, which gives you an awning over each door for excellent rain protection. Entry and exit are enhanced with 2 doors, which means if you have to get out at night, you don't need to crawl over the others to get to the only door. The second door is also nice for extra ventilation in hot, muggy weather.
- Free-standing two-pole design with shock corded fiberglass poles
- 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500mm coating resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams provide best weather protection
- 75D 185T poly taffeta floor with 1500mm coating
- Extra large #8 zippers on both doors for extra durability
- Easy entry with two doors and "single-zip operation"
- Great ventilation with two zippered windows and large side mesh panels
- Weatherproof fly with a ridge pole provides an awning over each door
- Mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 8" steel stakes, and guy ropes included