The ALPS Mountaineering Meramac ZF Tents are all free standing two-pole designs with shock corded fiberglass. The ferrules are the "connectors" that hold the poles together and we use aluminum, rather than steel, because aluminum can never rust. ALPS’s fiberglass poles are also normally one size larger than normal to offer you a sturdier, stronger tent. They use lightweight but strong polyester fabrics. The walls are uncoated so the tent can "breathe" under the urethane coated fly. The fly uses a pole in the top, which gives you an awning over each door for excellent rain protection. Their fly is full length on the sides, not 3/4 length like some others, for better weather protection. ALPS even has their factory seal the seams on the floor and fly for maximum water repellency. Entry and exit are enhanced with 2 doors, which means if you have to get out at night, you don't need to crawl over the others to get to the only door. The second door is also nice for extra ventilation in hot, muggy weather.
- Heavier floor and larger zippers
- Free-standing two-pole design with fiberglass poles
- 75D 185T Polyester fly resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams give best weather protection
- 210D 110T Nylon Oxford floor with 1500mm multi-pass urethane coating
- Extra-large #10 zippers on doors and vestibules
- Easy entry with two doors and "single zip operation"
- Great ventilation with two zippered windows in the doors
- Weatherproof fly with a ridge pole provides an awning over each door
- Mesh storage pockets and gear loft included
- Includes steel stakes, carry bag, and guy ropes