The Strike Industries Mass Driver Compensator Compact Glock 19 Gen 5 represents a quantum leap in compensator design. The Mass Driver name is inspired by the idea of theoretical mass driver engines in space travel. The Mass Driver Compensator is driven by the hot gasses expelled through the barrel after the round is discharged, and acts as a counter balance system to attenuate mechanical recoil. Barrel mounted compensators add reciprocating mass and increase the moment of inertia to the operating system, which can have a negative effect on reliable cycling of recoil operated handguns. By separating the compensator from the operating components after ignition, the MDC allows for close to stock cyclic speeds, and reduces reciprocating mass. The compensator of the MDC system has a widened bore to reduce baffle strikes and keyholing rounds along with a 2.5mm relief cut at the top of the rear to reduce “lipping” and damage to the face of the pistol slide. The Strike Industries Mass Driver Compensator Compact is compatible with most GLOCK aftermarket threaded barrels. However Strike Industries recommend use with non-threaded barrels if possible.
Note: Designed for and tested on OEM GLOCK factory and Strike Industries slides. Strike Industries cannot guarantee proper fitment and application on third party slides and frames. Performance may vary when using third party compatible GLOCK components. Use with +P and +P+ 9mm ammo will produce premature internal spring wear and cause failure. Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 on all threads. Gunsmith or armorer installation recommended. Consult with a local gunsmith for any custom modification while use with this product.
- Recommended torque value for guide rod nut is 25 lbs/in.
- Flat wire spring rate 18lbs/in.
- Compensator main body: L: 35.85mm, W: 26.10mm, H: 16.25mm, Weight: 3.2 oz
- Widened bore to reduce baffle strikes and keyholing rounds
- 2.5mm relief cut at the top rear of comp to reduce "lipping" and damage to the face of the slide
- No permanent modification of weapon required
- Blended, no snag profile
- Matches with width of the slide, it can be used with open holsters, no special holster needed
- Counter recoil design, as the slide moves back the comp moves forward to reduce felt recoil
- Contours with slide dimensions to be compatible with most open-bottom holsters
- Precision CNC machined