This kit includes an OverMolded pistol grip and the 2-Piece OverMolded handguard for stamped variants of AK-47's or AK-74's. The pistol grip has an ergonomic shape with finger grooves for increased comfort and control. The forend has a modular design with a railed top cover and a non-railed top cover, with 3 short rail sections that can be attached to the sides or bottom of the lower handguard. These customizable rail sections allow you to install rails exactly where you need them to mount your accessories. Both the grip and forend are constructed with a lightweight synthetic insert with Hogue's unique synthetic rubber compound. The rubber and insert are chemically bonded so they will not delaminate over time. The cobblestone texture strikes a balance between aggressive sharp texture and smooth grips to provide a sure grip in any condition.
- There are many variations of the AK made by numerous countries, the Hogue forend and pistol grip will fit nearly all, some may need minor fitting and or modifications.
- The forend will work with an under folder stock.
- The Yugo model forend 6 1/2"is approximately one half inch longer than the Chinese/Russian model at 6". (measured between the metal retaining ferrel and the receiver)
- The hand guard(top of forend)is approximately 4" long on the Chinese/Russian model and 4 15/16" on the Yugo model. (measured between the metal hand guard retaining ferrels on the gas piston tube)
- The forend does not fit the Saiga sporter rifle without modification to the rifle and will not fit the Saiga 12.
- The lower handguard does not use the Ferrule that comes with the wood and some polymer furniture. This Ferrule needs to be removed from the rifle before the lower handguard is installed.
- SAIGA -The pistol grip may need material removed from inside the grip to fit some Saiga to AK conversion trigger guards.
- A Saiga rifle does not come with a "T" nut. A "T" nut will need to be purchased for most Saiga conversions. Some countries and manufactures make a "Long" "T" nut, The long nut will not work with the Hogue grip unless modified. Shortening the nut or purchasing the short version is required.
- A picatinny rail top cover is included with the Chinese/Russian Kit and is not available for the Yugo model