This DPMS LR-308 SST Upper Receiver Assembly comes completely assembled and ready for installation on any compatible lower receiver. This upper configuration has the distinction of being the first model DPMS produced to introduce their new LR-308 to the world. It is the Original LR-308 and the launch pad from which an entire genre of rifles have been spawned, quickly growing in popularity to the point that the LR-308 family is considered the current industry standard for large caliber, AR-pattern firearms.
The assembly's foundation is a thick walled, slick-side Flat-Top Upper Receiver constructed from extruded 7029-T6 Aluminum. The slick sided upper's sleek profile eliminates the conventional forward assist, case deflector and dust cover, while its Flat-Top Picatinny Rail is raised high above the bore line to allow clearance for the large objective lenses in use on modern high magnification rifle scopes. The 24" Stainless Steel Bull Barrel wrings maximum velocity out of the 308 Winchester cartridge, while a Free Floating Aluminum Handguard isolates the barrel from outside influences that could have a negative impact on accuracy. The upper comes complete and ready to fire with a recessed target crown at the muzzle, single rail gas block, bolt carrier group and charging handle.
- Upper Receiver: Slick Side Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 24"
- Barrel Contour: Bull
- Barrel Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: None, Target Crown
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Matte Gray
- Twist Rate: 1 in 10"
- Chamber: 308 Winchester
- M4 Feed Ramps: No
- Muzzle Device: N/A
- Gas System Length: Rifle
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.936"
- Handguard: 1-Piece Aluminum Tube, Free Float, Rifle Length
- Sights: None
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: N/A
- Includes Single Rail Gas Block
- This LR-308 Upper does NOT have a forward assist, shell deflector or ejection port door