This product is a heavy crystalline coating which enables the surface to absorb oils or spray-on/bake-on finishes. Zinc Phosphate is especially suited as an undercoating for LCW DuraCoat Firearm Finishes or LCW Post Treatment Solution. This dull "non-glare" gray coating is perfect for tactical and hunting guns. Also Zinc Phosphate is excellent for restoring old military arms. Just degrease, blast, and immerse your parts in the phosphate solution. Then oil or coat with your favorite spray-on finish.
- Clean and degrease all parts thoroughly
- Fill heating tank with 4 parts clean water and 1 part parkerizing solution
- Heat solution in heating tank to 170-185°
- Condition solution by immersing 1 pad of course steel wool in heated solution for 30 minutes
- Immerse parts in heated solution for 5-15 minutes
- Add clean water as evaporation takes place
- Immerse parts in post-treatment solution, or apply spray-on finish