This product is a medium-heavy crystalline coating which is ideal for firearms that must perform under adverse weather conditions. The porous surface created by this process lends itself to absorption of oil or spray-on/bake-on finishes. Its non-reflective surface is perfect for tactical and hunting situations. Just degrease, blast, and immerse your parts in the solution. Then oil or coat with a finish such as LCW DuraCoat.
- Clean and degrease all parts thoroughly
- Fill heating tank with 4 parts clean water and 1 part parkerizing solution
- Heat solution in heating tank to 170-185°
- Condition solution by immersing 1 pad of course steel wool in heated solution for 30 minutes
- Immerse parts in heated solution for 5-15 minutes
- Add clean water as evaporation takes place
- Immerse parts in post-treatment solution, or apply spray-on finish