- Precision machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Hard coat anodized for a lifetime of performance
- Fully adjustable to fit both in spec and out of spec rail systems
- American Defense MFG, LLC. products feature a lifetime warranty
- Features the Patented QD Auto Lock Lever system
The AD-RECON mount is made for putting high power glass onto a flattop style AR-15. The cantilever throws the scope out front, allowing you to get the right eye relief. It is precision machined from 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in hard coat T3 Mil-Spec anodize. It features the Patented QD Auto Lock Lever system to accommodate both in spec and out of spec rail systems.
The AD-RECON mount features the Patented QD Auto Lock Lever system which has the following advantages:
- Does not require proprietary tools for adjustment.
- Can be adjusted with your finger or a flat blade screwdriver.
- Lever can be configured to lock to the front or the rear.
- Superior clamping surface to insure maximum rail engagement
Note: The Recon-SL has a lower mounted height than the Recon-S (Family #2626162354)
Height: (Top of base to center of scope):
Distance Between Rings (inside): 2.52"
Distance Between Rings (outside): 4.48"
- Make sure your firearm is unloaded and the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction
- Familiarize yourself with the mount and it's parts
- Unlock the mount. To do this, depress the lock button and move the lever 180 degrees to the unlocked position
- Install assembly onto rail and move lever to the locked position
- Check tension to close. Correct tension is the maximum amount of tension you can apply with your hand to move the lever to the closed position. A little judgment and personal preference is needed here.
- To set the tension for the lever, turn the adjustment screw one click at a time until the proper feel is reached. To tighten, turn the screw clockwise. To loosen the tension, turn it counterclockwise. This may take a few tries to get it exactly where you want it.
- Torque Ring Screws to 20-25 in/lbs.