The “Triple Threat” of summer nutrition. LabLab Plus is an ingenious mixture of Lablab beans, Ebony peas and White Grain Milo and offers the “triple threat” of whitetail nutrition: high protein, fat and carbohydrates. LabLab is a proven, stand alone summer annual food plot for the most hot and arid of growing conditions. However, as the Tecomate Seed business evolved they put their agronomist to work on developing a mixture that could be established in smaller plots. White Grain Milo provides a quick establishing shelter and trellising plant for the Lablab and Ebony plants. The hybrid grain heads provide a high energy feed for game birds and deer once they reach maturity. The Ebony (black-seeded pea, proprietary to Tecomate) is an indeterminate seeder, meaning it produces bushels of highly desirable and nutritious peas while it continues to produce tons of high quality forage. Ebony has also been noted to establish quicker in cooler soil temperatures than Lablab, which aids in plant protection. This plot may be left standing throughout the fall to provide nutrition and attraction in the bow and rifle seasons.
Seed Content: Lablab, Cowpeas, Ebony Peas, Forage Soybeans, Milo
- North: Spring (Ground temp above 68°F)
- South: Spring (Ground temp above 68°F)
- 11 Pounds: .5 acre
- 20 Pounds: 1 acre
Planting Depth: 1" - 2"
- Grain sorghum (milo) shelters young Lablab plants
- Offers mature sorghum grain heads and dried beans into winter
- Works on smaller plots where Lablab would be subject to early grazing pressure
- Grows anywhere cowpeas/soybeans are grown
- Provides cover for daytime feeding activity
- Excellent choice in southern areas where grain sorghum is a common plot choice