This DPMS AR-15 AP4 Upper Receiver Assembly is a complete, dedicated rimfire conversion upper in 22 Long Rifle that is ready to install on any standard small pin lower receiver. It features a proprietary rimfire bolt assembly, true 22 LR chamber and correct 1 in 16" rifling twist, all of which ensure an accurate, reliable upper that is perfect for inexpensive practice, small game hunting, or introducing young or new shooters to the AR-15 platform. For useful, realistic sub-caliber training purposes, this upper offers the familiar operating controls and handling characteristics of a full power AR-15, but without the associated high priced ammunition.
The Forged 7075-T6 A3 Upper comes equipped with a Flat-Top Picatinny Rail for mounting optics, 16" Chrome Moly M4 Contour Barrel, Carbine length GlacierGuard Handguard, functional ejection port door, A2 front sight assembly with bayonet lug, A2 flash hider, charging handle and one 10-Round Black Dog Magazine. This upper is compatible with Black Dog Machine and CMMG rimfire magazines, and is 22 Long Rifle specific, meaning the upper cannot accept bolts, carriers or barrels in any other caliber. Different handguards designed for centerfire AR-15's are compatible.
- Upper Receiver: Modified A3 Flat-Top (22 LR Specific)
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: M4
- Barrel Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Parkerized
- Twist Rate: 1 in 16"
- Chamber: 22 Long Rifle
- M4 Feed Ramps: No
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Gas System Length: None, Blowback
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: 2-Piece Polymer GlacierGuard, Carbine Length
- Sights: A2 Fixed Front, No Rear
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: 22 LR Compatible Carrier
- Includes one 10-Rnd Black Dog Magazine
- Compatible with Black Dog Machine and CMMG Rimfire Magazines
NOTE: All DPMS upper receivers are factory test fired for functionality before shipment.
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.