Aptly named, the Bushmaster Predator AR-15 Upper Receiver Assembly incorporates many of the characteristics and attributes desired by hunters for the pursuit of game at both close and extended distances. The 20" Extra Heavy Fluted Barrel ensures maximum bullet velocity and uses 1 in 8" Twist Button Rifling to help stabilize heavier projectiles of up to 77 grains in weight, giving the shooter more reach and greater retained energy on target at longer distances. The Predator's Hybrid Match Chamber has tighter tolerances than a 5.56 NATO chamber for enhanced accuracy potential, while still retaining the ability to safely use both commercial and military surplus ammunition.
The Predator features a rifle length Free Floating Tube Handguard with cooling slots for a comfortable off-hand grip that also removes accuracy-robbing influences from interfering with the barrel's harmonics upon firing. Accuracy is further emphasized by the barrel's 11 degree target crown at the muzzle. The upper comes complete and ready for instant use with bolt carrier group, charging handle, low profile gas block, forward assist, shell deflector and ejection port cover all included.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 20"
- Barrel Contour: Heavy, Fluted
- Barrel Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: None, Target Crown
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Manganese Phosphate (Parkerized)
- Twist Rate: 1 in 8"
- Chamber: Hybrid Match (223 Rem and 5.56x45mm NATO Compatible)
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: N/A
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Gas System Length: Rifle
- Handguard: 1-Piece Vented Aluminum, Free Float
- Sights: None
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: Commercial
- Includes Low Profile Gas Block, Sling Swivel Stud