- Stock is machine-cut to accept the action but some inletting may be needed
- Exterior is completely shaped but left oversize in areas of wood to metal fit so that final fitting will result in a correct wood to metal seam
- Stock surface area is rough sanded to 100 grit scratch pattern
- Exterior radius cuts have machining marks filed out
- The barrel channel is cut for a (stepped) military barrel but can be opened for other contours
Boyd's Prairie Hunter stock features a Monte Carlo design with pronounced cheek piece, oval pistol grip, fluted comb and slim forend. These quality walnut stocks are semi-inletted and will require finishing. Includes plastic buttplate.