The barrel is composed of Chrome Moly Steel and finished inside and out with CMMG's durable Weapons Armament Surface Protection (WASP) Melonite treatment. The unique Melonite treatment applied to the barrel surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. Also referred to as Nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel: 16" Medium Contour, Chrome Moly, WASP Melonite Treated, Threaded 5/8-24
- Twist: 1 in 7"
- Chamber: 300 AAC Blackout (7.62x35mm)
- Flash Hider: A2
- Gas System Length: Pistol with low profile gas block under the handguard
- Handguard: Polymer M4-Style
- Sights: None, Low Profile Single Rail Gas Block/Front Sight Base
- Suitable for use with Subsonic loads, either Suppressed or Unsuppressed. Not recommended for supersonic loads, suppressed or unsuppressed
- Compatible with all standard AR-15 magazines, Not Included
Click Here for Additional Info on Ammo Compatiblity with CMMG's 300 Blackout Uppers & Barrels
NOTE: All CMMG uppers are test fired at their facility before shipment to the end user.