- Provide extreme precision and consistent adjustments
- Build to withstand use in the field
- Simple installation
For dedicated target and competitive shooters, aperture sights are desirable for their extreme precision and consistent adjustments. It is now possible for hunters to benefit from the same advantages with the Merit #4 Hunting sight disc. Built to withstand extended use in the field, the aperture is adjustable from 0.022" to 0.125" and uses a strong internal spring to hold the selected sight setting constant during recoil. The size of the disc is meant to be compatible with many commonly used tang-mounted sights, and is intended to simply replace the existing fixed aperture.
- #3 apertures are designed for target shooting. The 12 leaf shutter opens and closes without changing the point of impact. The shutter leaves are supported at each end to withstand heavy recoil. The aperture varies from .022 to .125" diameter. Internal click spring maintains setting.
- #3 master is favored by high power shooters and other outdoor competitors. Shaded aperture. Flexible neoprene light shield. May be converted to target model.
- #3 target is favored by indoor smallbore and air rifle competitors. Steel face.
- #4 hunting aperture is smaller than the target models, allowing for low mounting and reduced weight. Click spring maintains aperture setting. Withstands any recoil. Aperture varies from .022 to .156" diameter.