This DPMS AR-15 A3 Upper Receiver Assembly is a complete, dedicated rimfire conversion upper in 22 Long Rifle that is ready to install on any standard small pin lower receiver. It features a proprietary rimfire bolt assembly, true 22 LR chamber and correct 1 in 16" rifling twist, all of which ensure an accurate, reliable upper that is perfect for inexpensive practice, small game hunting, or introducing young or new shooters to the AR-15 platform. For useful, realistic sub-caliber training purposes, this upper offers the familiar operating controls and handling characteristics of a full power AR-15, but without the associated high priced ammunition.
The Forged 7075-T6 A3 Upper comes equipped with a Flat-Top Picatinny Rail for mounting optics, 16" Chrome Moly Bull Barrel, Carbine length Free Float Aluminum Handguard, functional ejection port door and charging handle. A sling swivel and one 10-Round Black Dog Magazine are included. This upper is compatible with Black Dog Machine and CMMG rimfire magazines, and is 22 Long Rifle specific, meaning the upper cannot accept bolts, carriers or barrels in any other caliber. Different handguards designed for centerfire AR-15's are compatible.
- Upper Receiver: Modified A3 Flat-Top (22 LR Specific)
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: Bull
- Barrel Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: None, Target Crown
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Parkerized
- Twist Rate: 1 in 16"
- Chamber: 22 Long Rifle
- M4 Feed Ramps: No
- Muzzle Device: N/A
- Gas System Length: None, Blowback
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.936"
- Handguard: Carbine Length Aluminum Tube, Free Float
- Sights: None
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: 22 LR Compatible Carrier
- Includes 10-Rnd Black Dog Magazine
- Compatible with Black Dog Machine and CMMG Rimfire Magazines
NOTE: All DPMS upper receivers are factory test fired for functionality before shipment.